Pinwheel Sweater Along

A knitterly get together for anyone knitting Shelley Mackie's pinwheel sweater. Are you in? E-mail me to join ;0)

Monday, June 26, 2006

I'm in!

Well, this is my very first knit-along. I am new to this blog stuff and although I enjoy reading them, I haven't the slightest idea about how they work. I sound like I'm 82, but I'm not. I'm 28, but I just don't understand computers all that well....
Anyways, I've been admiring this pattern and spent yesterday cruising the internet to see what others have used to knit this sweater when I stumbled upon this knit-along! Lucky me! So I decided to give it a go and headed off to my local yarn store (where I work part-time!) to find great yarn for this super looking sweater. I agonized about whether or not to do several yarns or only one, but I ended up deciding on one yarn and if I love the pattern enough, I can always knit it again in many yarns, right? (Not that I don't have a gigantic list of all the patterns that I'd like to knit!)
SOOOOO...... I decided on Noro's Silk Garden and cast on right away while my daughter napped . My wrist/arm has been bothering me from crazy/addict knitting, so I didn't knit last night so that I could start this today. (I could only not-knit for one day and my wrist still is yucky, but I MUST KNIT.....
So I am loving the pattern and will try to convince my computer genius husband to help me post a picture tomorrow. Is this really possible for me? The computer, with pictures of my knitting on it? We'll see..... Happy knitting, fellow Pinwheelers!

2 Comments:

Blogger Anny said...

Ooooh, silk garden! Can't wait to see it. I think I like the look of varigated/stripy yarn better than many colours for this pattern.

Welcome to the knitalong (and to blogging ;0)

10:41 AM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

I think I would prefer the varigated yarn on the adult sweater also. I love the strips of colours for a baby tho. Good luck with your sweater!

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home