Pinwheel Sweater Along

A knitterly get together for anyone knitting Shelley Mackie's pinwheel sweater. Are you in? E-mail me to join ;0)

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

So very, very addicted....

So here she is.... I have not been able to stop knitting this! I started the day before yesterday and I am at the 30 stitch between yo part. I am a little concerned about size. I usually wear a large or xlarge t-shirt. Do I keep increasing? Worry about my sleeves? Ugh. Any suggestions?
Well, imagine that! My knitting on the internet. I am so computer dumb, but my husband helped me greatly.....
I am knitting with Noro Silk Garden in color #82. I decided to throw in a random skein on the back because I wanted that turquoise in there and there was only 12 skeins of #82. So I found the one (sorry I lost the ball band) with some turquoise and added that strategically. I have two balls of another colorway (to make 15) that I may use around the edging or go solid? We'll see. I am thoroughly enjoying myself! Any suggestions on sizing?

5 Comments:

Blogger Rhonda said...

I love the colors and adding turquoise is a great idea. Really sets it off nicely!

8:54 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Measure across your back from top of sleeve to the other top of sleeve. Add , say 3 or 4 inches for ease, and then knit on your sweater until you have that measurement. That is where the sleeves go. If you are making them further out than the pattern, the sleeves will be larger, and you will need to add the same number of rows onto the fronts. The coat will also be longer, and require (gulp) more of that gorgeous yarn!

9:02 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Oh my goodness. This is so pretty!!! I just saw this pattern and loved it.

12:54 PM  
Blogger Sharon R said...

It's gorgeous. I'm seriously thinking about doing it in the Noro also. How many skeins of Noro do you think I will need for the baby version?
Thanks,

10:11 AM  
Blogger Dove Knits said...

Aaaagh, so pretty!

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home