Pinwheel Sweater Along

A knitterly get together for anyone knitting Shelley Mackie's pinwheel sweater. Are you in? E-mail me to join ;0)

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Welcome!

My name is Anny and I blog over at annypurls. I just happened to be checking out Elann's site just as the free pattern for the pinwheel sweater for women and children designed by Shelley Mackie was posted (I refreshed the page and there it was). It was a sign ;0)

Let's face it: the design is delightful. The construction is genius. The one size fits 0 to 4 year olds? Come-on! That's great wear factor for a recommended yarn investment of about $20 (though any worsted weight will do).

The child's version starts off as a hoodie sweater with rolled cuffs for a newborn and grows with the child into a wide-collared bolero by age 4. Just brilliant!

So naturally, there had to be a knit-along. Here goes nothing. Just leave a comment below or email me at annypurls {at} hotmail {dot} com if you want in (and I hope you do). I'll be knitting the child's version but you can knit the grown-up version if you prefer.

I'll be starting mine on July 10th as soon as my Knitting World Cup project is completed, but again, you can start sooner or later if you prefer. It's for fun people!!!

Hope you stick around ;0)

1 Comments:

Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

I hope to start the child version before the end of July also. Have you decided on your colors? I'll be making my choices perhaps from KnitPicks' Wool of the Andes. Trying to decided on the best choices for a little girl who has lots of black hair. I want to give this to her for Christmas & she'll be only 9 months then. If yarn is left over it'll go into mittens & possibly slippers too.

3:21 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home