Pinwheel Sweater Along

A knitterly get together for anyone knitting Shelley Mackie's pinwheel sweater. Are you in? E-mail me to join ;0)

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Not quite pinwheelin' yet...

...but will probably start it in August, once my knitting and work schedules (the way I ordered those was NOT accidental, friends!) clear out and I'm back in the country!

For right now, though, I'm getting my practice making an adult version of a similar-but-different, yet still brilliant, cardigan, seen here.

I can't seem to upload my own progress on it...

Anyway, looking forward to knitting with y'all!

5 Comments:

Blogger Anny said...

I think I may have to knit one of those too! The description is right on:that's 'art knitting.'

Would make a great Christmas sweater in cream or red (think pointsettia).

Love it!

8:03 a.m.  
Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Oh dear, I should love to knit that one also ... but I wish I had the lovely body to wear it, LOL. Maybe my 16 year old grand daughter would love that one ... Stop it! I have EIGHT grand daughters and not enough time in the week to knit for all of them. Must start from the youngest & work up. Well I see it comes in XL ... that's me! Hmmmmmm

10:19 a.m.  
Blogger Dove Knits said...

Y'know, ladies...this just occurs to me...that cardi is worked in a bulky yarn. I'm betting that using DK yarn would make it baby- or child-sized!

11:28 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to join in. How do I join this knit along? I like the idea of using DK weight yarn.
HappyKnitter@hughes.net

6:13 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does anyone know how much yarn it will take for to make it large enough for the ample?
HappyKnitter

8:27 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home