Pinwheel Sweater Along

A knitterly get together for anyone knitting Shelley Mackie's pinwheel sweater. Are you in? E-mail me to join ;0)

Monday, July 24, 2006

Knitapalooza's Pinwheel and Yarn


Hey everyone, Thanks for letting me join your knitalong. Here is the beginning of my Pinwheel! Oh how I would like to say I just started... but no. I have started this 6x Reasons: don't try to knit while being sick with the flu. You end up leaving out minor parts of the pattern. I am making an adult size with some wonderful yarns. GGH Mystik (Double Stranded - Black & Lavendar), Terra (Red Onion), Araucania Quellon (Hand dyed Lavendar, Burgandy & Black), and Noro Cash Iroha (Black & Burgandy). I am using Black as my main color but using a great hand dyed lavender, burgandy & black.

I had a rough beginning but I think I have the hang of it. The start was not big deal. I can do it.... but keeping it all the same was a the first trick. Then the second mistake after restarting it several time.... I ended up knitting in one color all the way to way too many rounds after I was to change the colors. I was going to go with it but the center color was just way to ... let's say BIG. I was not wanting to have that much lavendar. So I once again frogged it and started over.

This time I am being very careful. I made a great check off sheet so I know where I am... as If count could not tell me... but I think right now I need to use it. I also am using stitch markers to make sure that my counts and increases are in the exact spots as they are suppost to be. I am finially do my Hand Dye section which I hope to have that section done today.

Cross your fingers. Well, I had better get off the computer and go back to knitting. Keep your fingers crossed. LOL Stay tuned for more of my knitting adventures with this pinwheel. Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Blogger Anny said...

Looking good so far ;0)
Fingers crossed and sending you good pinwheeling vibes

~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~

9:21 p.m.  
Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

It`s going to be beautiful!

1:58 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The colors are beautiful!!

7:20 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home