Pinwheel Sweater Along

A knitterly get together for anyone knitting Shelley Mackie's pinwheel sweater. Are you in? E-mail me to join ;0)

Thursday, August 10, 2006

New to KAL but already making Pinwheel.

Hi, I'm new to the KAL but have been knitting the pinwheel for a while now. Well, sort of. I'm using the same pattern but totally different yarns; a mixture of silk, mohair, and funky yarns. Sort of like a large flower of sorts. You can see pix of my pinwheel on my blog at gelsominalucchesi.blogspot.com. I was at round 40 when the pictures were taken.

I'm about to start the armholes, still trying to figure out why provisional cast on. I think it's so that you have all raw stitches to start knitting the sleeve in the round?

I'm thinking I might modify the sleeve opening; instead of a straight slit, maybe make it a bit round. Like 28 sts across by 4 rows? Has anyone tried this?

:-) Jill

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home