Pinwheel Sweater Along

A knitterly get together for anyone knitting Shelley Mackie's pinwheel sweater. Are you in? E-mail me to join ;0)

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Question Regarding the Sleeves Please

Hello everyone. Ok... now I have a question and after reading the last post which was so very beautiful and I can not wait to see the end result. Wow great job everyone I am so inspired by you all to finish this one.

I think I had better ask a question before I get into a pickle. Since all the sleeves I have ever done have been on a Raglan Increase. I have no clue on how the sleeve is to be done even after reading the instruction. I am a little confused. I know how to do a provissional cast on but the pattern refers to the instructions but I can't find the instruction; Am I Blind? How many balls of yarn do you have to have since it tells you to change to a new ball? Any help? I am so lost and I am so close to the armholes?

And one more question: Ok... so what if we are a little plump in the arms how do we make adjustment for that? I am so confused....

Can someone please help me.

2 Comments:

Blogger monica said...

I too, am a little plump in the arms. What I did was measure my arm just below the armpit and then figured out how many stitches I would need to get a comfortable fit, based on my gauge 18st/ 4". When I reached that number of stitches in between increases on the second pinwheel thingy, I did my provisional cast on and went on knitting. Hope that makes sense.

11:27 p.m.  
Blogger KniTaPaLooZa said...

Thank you so much. I think that helped alot. Nothing like making a sweater and then having it real tight in the arms. I like the fact that this one looks great when it is oversized even. Thank you for really explaining it to me.

10:42 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home