Pinwheel Sweater Along

A knitterly get together for anyone knitting Shelley Mackie's pinwheel sweater. Are you in? E-mail me to join ;0)

Sunday, August 20, 2006

update

Slow, but steady progress...I've been distracted by a few other projects recently (see my blog for more details!) But I'm getting work done on this sweater too!

I've been thinking about the edge. I was wondering what it would look like if instead of the loopy edge, if I did a ruffle edge. What do you think? I still have awhile to think about it... Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Put a life line in and give it a try. If you don't like it, you can just pull it out to your life line. Is this a child's sweater? I think a ruffle would be cute then.

10:13 a.m.  
Blogger sranonis said...

I was thinking of adding a ruffle also! I decided not to at the very last minute because I thought it would use a lot more yarn and would take forever to knit. Lately it seems as if I've been putting ruffles on everything so I decided to be brave and try the two color loopy edge on the child size. Got to try new things, once in a while. It's coming out fantastic. I'm a little more than half done and it really looks pretty. I would love to see how it looks with the ruffle, so I hope you go ahead with it.

11:20 p.m.  
Blogger Samantha said...

It looks great. I don't know what a ruffled edge would look like, but maybe do what Rhonda suggested. :)

8:25 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home