Pinwheel Sweater Along

A knitterly get together for anyone knitting Shelley Mackie's pinwheel sweater. Are you in? E-mail me to join ;0)

Friday, June 30, 2006

Decisions, decisions, decisions ...

I'm nearing the border now and need to decide on what to do. I know the child size has those single loops ... but I prefer the double loops on the adult size. So that means I need to add a 2nd color. Time to pull out my Magic Marble Teleidoscope ... Have you ever used one of these?


See the Magic Marble in action ...




I decided to use this like a color wheel to help decide on which color to use with the Winterberry in the loops around the border of the Pinwheel sweater.

What do you think? Green, Off White or Purple



I'm leaning towards the green. The off-white is too light. The purple is nice but it's also only 3 rows in from the edge.... so maybe too much purple in one place I think. Should I go with the green? Decisions, decisions, decisions.

Here are all the colors ...

I think I'll start knitting the sleeves tonight and save color choices for tomorrow. Good idea if I ... sleep on it tonight!

7 Comments:

Blogger CozyStitches said...

I'd go green. :D The double loops look great on the adult version. Too bad I'm doing mine in a variegated... :D

1:05 a.m.  
Blogger Fun Knits said...

I would use whatever colour your sleeves are going to be. It sure looks nice so far
Shelley

10:46 a.m.  
Blogger Dove Knits said...

I'd use green.

7:38 p.m.  
Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

I've been trying to correct my Post to include a link for the Magic Marble and other minor corrections, but Blogger isn't letting me do this at the moment. I'll have to do it later or once I get to work on Wednesday when I have access to a more powerful Internet connection. Thanks for the votes so far! I'm now leaning to the Snickerdoodle ... but won't decide until after the sleeves are done.

Knit on!

7:15 a.m.  
Blogger Deb said...

Green. I see that fresh green everywhere-I like it. If you also got the little sweetie a green sweater to go under it-voila! an outfit!

10:13 a.m.  
Blogger Anny said...

Green ;0)

11:02 a.m.  
Blogger Maggie said...

I have got to get myself a teleidoscope. I had no idea they could be so useful. Thanks for the design tip!

4:16 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home