Pinwheel Sweater Along

A knitterly get together for anyone knitting Shelley Mackie's pinwheel sweater. Are you in? E-mail me to join ;0)

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Got yarn?

Hello everyone. Thank you all for embracing this knitalong and running (or should I say knitting , heehee) with it! I'm thrilled at the response and can't wait to get mine started, especially now that get to see everyone's progress on a daily basis. I'm really itchin' so I decided to buckle down and try to commit to some colours!

So I waited for my little Jubilee to settle down for his glorious nap and then did what any crazy person would do: copy and past wool colour samples in a pinwheel shape (using Power Point no less!) to help me pick out the colours. No kidding. I've been doing this for an hour and a half!!! Sure I should be doing laundry and preparing dinner but I got so engrossed that once I got started I completely lost track of time. That and did I mention I was crazy ;0)



Here's what I came up with (from the centre out): natural, lace pink, orchid, lotus blossom, grape, aubergine, and eggplant. The sleeves will be knit in lotus blossom. Oh, I should mention that I'll be using the recommended peruvian collection highland wool.

Now all I have to do is finish up my Knitting World Cup project and wait for my beloved mailman (who can resist a man that brings you yarn ;0) and I can cast on for this baby! Hopefully sometime in the next week or so. I'll be knitting the child's version for my 3 year old neighbour.

Happy pinwheeling everybody!

4 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

Love the colours-I have yet to try this yarn- would like to hear what you think of it-

9:25 a.m.  
Blogger Dove Knits said...

Dude, you are nuts! But those colors are beautiful. I love purple...

1:58 p.m.  
Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

That looks VERY purple from here. Pretty! I'm working on a color decision now myself, but I use a color wheel & the magic marble.

8:26 p.m.  
Blogger Fun Knits said...

Great colours
Shelley

10:48 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home