Pinwheel Sweater Along

A knitterly get together for anyone knitting Shelley Mackie's pinwheel sweater. Are you in? E-mail me to join ;0)

Monday, June 26, 2006

Knit up the back yesterday ...


But I`m rather hesitant about the sleeve openings. I`m not sure if I`ve done them right. I put the 18 stitches [this is the baby sweater] on the stitch holder and then did a provisional cast on in a contrasting color as instructed & slipped on the stitch holder also. Now the sweater is then continued from the other side of the stitch holder to the next 18 stitch section. Is that correct? That's what I'm worried about. Can you see it in the picture? The provisional cast on was done in the light lavender. I'm hoping I don't have to frog back to the arm holes, but it might be in the cards if someone says, "STOP, stop, stop!" ... Note: The more I look at this picture & then the pattern, the more I don't think I'm doing it right -- the armholes I mean. Help!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

Hi Rhonda- when I put the holes in for the sleeves, I put the stitches form the section onto the stitch holder, then I knit the new stitches (done with the provisional cast on) as part of the body of the piece. Not on the stitch holder. Wait until hubby gets home with camera and I will take a picture of mine, okay?

3:40 p.m.  
Blogger Fun Knits said...

You need to go back to the armhole. You were right to put the 18 sts. on a holder but the 18 provisional cast on stitches are knit and become the stitches to take the place of the 18 on the holder. They are the other side of the sleeve. Then you just continue knittng and increasing.
Shelley

4:05 p.m.  
Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Thank you, thank you, Deb & Shelley. It did seem so strange. I'll frog it in the morning... at least it's not too far to go back. I'm sure glad I asked about it!!

10:02 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home